What people want, and what they say they want, are often 2 different things

For example, when I was in 8th grade, I couldn’t wait for Gaming to create an open-world, survival game, with realistic graphics, where each player must compete and battle for survival of the fittest. I thought that would be the very best gaming has to offer and could not wait for it to be made.

But now that it is here, I haven’t the slightest inkling on why I wanted to play such a thing. It feels boring and hollow to me. I feel more fun just playing the games I already had made using outdated technology. What people want, and what they say they want, are often 2 different things

I’m not so sure about that.

I’m pretty sure I know exactly what I want. I think it’s largely a function of how much you change as a person in the time it takes between the initial desire and actually achieving that desire. I am a very slow changing person, as it seems most people with ASD don’t change a lot from who they are as children/teens.

An example is leaving this POS room I have been stuck in for nearly 14 years. When I get the garage renovated, essentially my own little house, I am sure life will at least be better than it was here. I definitely won’t miss this shitty fucking place, almost as bad as simply jail + internet.

I said often. That doesn’t even mean most of the time.